host an EPIC EOY party
We at ivivva like to think we know how to throw a pretty sweet party. Here’s how you can go down in history as having thrown the most EPIC End of Year Party ever!!!
Ready? Set. Get started!
Step 1: Set Up for Success
- Find a venue that’s close by. Massive backyard? Local beach? If you’re outdoors – make sure you have a back up plan if it rains.
- Parents permission (nothing kills a party faster than an angry parent!)
- Set up a Facebook event with all of the deets. Unless you want the entire school showing up, make it CLOSED so only people you invite can see it.
Step 2: Pick Your Theme
- Hunger Games – Who doesn’t want to be Katniss for a day??
- Red Carpet – Have everyone show up as their fav performer. Maybe that cute guy from class will suddenly look a lot like Harry Styles…
- Hawaiian luau – A classic summer theme + always a ton of fun. Nothing says summer party like grass skirts and leis.
- Binder shredding party – ‘Nuff said.
Step 3: Music + Entertainment
Awesome music = lots of dancing, which means amazing party.
- Instead of spending all your cash on an in-house DJ, download the most popular DJ app on itunes: Djay
- Will mix awesome tunes for you – even with DJ spinning effects – and make your party sound totally pro.
- Into games? Throw an impromptu dance contest, grab a deck of cards, or set up a volleyball net and ball. If that sounds like too much work, just sit back with the great food, drinks and friends you’ve invited and enjoy.
Step 4: Food + Drinks
- Go mini! Everything is better bite size. Think slider burgers, miniature hot dogs, baby carrots, and cupcakes.
- Do everything ahead of time. Prepare the food ahead of time, and have a buffet set-up on your kitchen/picnic table. That way when your friends arrive you can chill out and have a great time.
- A dessert bar makes everything more fun.
- Make a fresh fruit punch with sliced oranges and lemons - tastes awesome and adds colour to your table.
Step 5: Decorations
Epic parties are all in the details. Decorations let your guests know you put in that extra effort to make your party one to remember.
- Paper lanterns.
- Twinkle lights (aka white Christmas lights).
- Colourful paper plates, napkins, table cloths.
- Hang paper streamers, pom poms or garlands from the ceiling or trees.
Happy planning ivivva girls! We know your party is going to be a huge success. Let us know how it goes!
- Check out all of the newest dance gear inspired by Disney’s Shake It Up.
- Shopping online has never been easier. Find your perfect fit for pants + tanks here.